Tuesday 1 May 2012

Homemade Toys - Soft Links

Since getting my sewing machine I have become obsessed with making things for the children.  I could easily have gone crazy but I have been determined to only make things that will truly get used so have managed to resist lots of "for-the-sake-of-it" projects.

I recently fixed/bodged the children's toy buggies - I will make replacement covers/seats when my other projects are completed but for the short term they are back in full working order.  They have been out of action for a while and once I actually put my mind to it I had them both in proper working order again in less than 10 minutes and I feel guilty that I didn't do it sooner.  

I have been working on a sleepsack for D3 although it took MUCH longer than anticipated following an accident with the iron.  I will share pics of this soon.

I spent ages browsing the internet for tutorials/inspiration and using some scraps of fabric I was given I managed to rustle up some washable teething rings for D3.  You can find the tutorial here.  I may have to work on some of my tequniques as they took so much longer to make than the carseat blanket, but as you can see they have gone down an absolute storm.
Isn't he just edible??



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, please take a moment to say hi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...