Friday 24 February 2012

Our Ultimate Saturday Brunch


I first came across this flavour combination 5 or 6 years ago when the BigD and I were still dating.  I used to travel by train to Edinburgh, a 5 hour journey, to spend the weekend with him.  There was a little bagel stand at the station (I have no idea if it is still there) and I used to look forward to my bagel whenever I was passing through.

Once we began living together we just didn't pass by that little bagel stand very often so we began to make them ourselves.  They have now become our staple Saturday or Sunday Brunch and the little Ds love them - I think one of the reasons they are so popular, apart from tasting great, is that we prepare all the ingredients and just throw them on the table and everyone just makes their own. Great family time too.

Ingredients:
Bagels
Cream Cheese - We skip this for a dairy free option for D1
Tomatoes (Sliced)
Avocado (Sliced)
Bacon, 1 rasher per bagel (We prefer smoked)

Method:
Slice the bagels in half and toast the bagels on the cut side only.
Layer all the ingredients up and enjoy!

Variations:
I like a smidgen of chilli sauce on mine.
D1 likes lashings of freshly ground black pepper on hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read all your comments, please take a moment to say hi.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...